Life Really Is Pretty Good
So when we last heard random ramblings from me, it was June. I was heavily into the online dating scene, and was prepping for a trip to Oregon with What's His Name?. Well, I'm sure you can read below if so inclined to catch up.
So, have I been able to tantalize you into an update? Does your inquiring mind want to know what's going on with the Troll? Are you on the edge of your seat? Well my friends, fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a long ride. Bwahahahahaaaaa!
Well Oregon was outstanding, you must really think of checking it out if you've not already done so. I swear, it hosts the most spellbinding scenery you'll ever lay eyes on, and the entire State is rife with the most pleasant people on this Earth. Yes, seriously, nice Americans. They even know where Canada is. I swear! We also did a bit of California (home of the not-so-nicest Americans ever), Washington State (skip Mt. St. Helen's, long drive in
Upon returning, I promptly started that whole online dating thing. *sigh* It's all pretty much a blur. For for the most part I just stopped going out on dates almost entirely as no-one was giving my toes the tinglies (more perfectly-fine-for-someone-else Alberta boys). My experiences in the spring had pretty much killed off any desire to go forth with most of it anyway as it usually turned out, well, weird. I think I showered and prepped for a date AND left the house a total of 3 times between September and late January to go on a date (hrm, let's see....Montana's dude, dude who got me Macademia nuts instead of flowers and oooh...heh...yeah 3).
Anyway....
Instead of being depressed about it, I just continued on with my Goddess training. You know, I'd give myself a manicure, tell myself I loved me, would go to the grocery store on a Saturday night oozing Goddessness. I'd go to work as a Goddess, I'd drive my car as a Goddess and I'd surf the Internet as a Goddess. I stayed on the one dating site, you know, just to keep my options open. Really since a Goddess such as myself was on a dating site, there had to be a GOD for me there too? Right? Since I was a Goddess and am into that whole Law of Attraction thing, I knew I deserved what I desired, so I pretty much thought I'd just leave it all up to the big guy. I was a pretty happy camper.
"You Had Me at Marillion"
So one day (Saturday Jan 16th) I'm yapping with this guy on the dating site, er, sending emails back and forth. Nice guy, but the spidey senses were tingling that he wouldn't appreciate this particular Goddess. What I mean, is that I'd physically be TOO much Goddess for him, and it turns out I was correct. No biggie. While mailing I was bored, so I went profile surfing. I remember clicking on a particular profile and thinking "Jeeezus, I keep clicking on this same profile, man, what's up with that?" Months and months of clicking on this one particular profile over and over again and pretty much ignoring it. I ignored it AGAIN and finished my conversation with the tall dude who ended up saying "This will never go anywere". I was like "Ya ya ya, have a good one".
So I clicked on the mystery profile AGAIN. This time I sat there really thinking about it for a second. "Why do I keep clicking this profile? Have I even read it? I dunno. I should probably read it. Read it, stupid". So I read it. It was a very amusing diatribe about online dating, and how he was going to quit online dating, some rant about cats (because he's allergic), and the best-ever rant about Tim Horton's first dates. Funny stuff. He lives out of town too, so maybe that's why I never mailed him, don't know really. It's all a blur. ANYWAY, I mailed him a kudos on the excellent profile without really hitting on him (because of the allergic to cats thing and the distance thing). He emailed me back commenting on my love for progressive rock and how rare it is for a chick to like it, etc. He directed me to some pages on Facebook. I go there, see that HIS band is doing a live project on my favourite band Marillion. OMG, no way. So I email him back saying "So, would you be impressed if I told you Marillion was my favourite band". I don't remember the response, but remember him typing a lot of stuff about Marillion. I honestly don't even recall the exact sequence of events, but it went sort of like this:
Him: "OMG wow, yap yap yap about Marillion and the band and stuff. You should come to our gig. Here's some more stuff about me, a bit, blah blah blah".
Me: "Wow, no way. Wow. Holy crap. Yeah, um, wow. I'm in love? Wow. *cough* *mini-freakout*.
I think by Sunday he called me on the phone. I don't remember. I'm sure we did, talk on the phone that is. Not important, I digress. I just recall I had enough information about him to know I wanted to meet him NOW.
Monday brought him into town for a band rehearsal, so we agreed that we'd try to do a meet afterwards. I met him on Monday January 18th at 11:45 Pm at a nearby Denny's. We talked for 3 1/2 hours and had to almost be dragged by angry horses away from each other. I actually went to work the next day.
Okay, so let's fast forward a bit (personal bits don't ya know, I'm not quenching your thirst for T knowledge so easily). So we've been doing that "new" couple thing now for a few weeks. Yap on the phone for 5 hours, spend as much time together as possible given life circumstances, you know the story. I got the pleasure of meeting one of his brothers and a whack of his good friends at one of his gigs last weekend. He's met my kid and a couple of my friends, etc.
He treats me like the Goddess that I am. He is funny, intelligent, cute as hell, a really nice person, honest, reliable, handy, has a nice butt, loves his kids friends parents siblings, and totally 100% gets me. He is truly a gift.
And yes, he really does say that I "Had him at Marillion".
So I met someone, big deal. Yes, big deal.
Ask, Believe, Receive
The point is, and always has been, that the laws of the Universe work, you really just have to Ask, Believe and Receive.
Last Sunday night, I was going through some of the stuff I have sitting around. I have this old diary I used to write goals and life lessons in when I was on my Jasper retreat (not ironically two years ago). The very first goal/desire I had in there was to be involved in a "Happy, Healthy, Functional and Forever Relationship with a Man". Then I had made a list of what kinds of qualities this man would have. I've since spent a lot of time meditating on that and believing that someone was going to come along at some point who would be that man. I KNEW he was out there, I just had to be the Goddess-in-waiting. Anyway, I read that list and realized it was S; 100%. Woah. (No pressure, honey, hahahahhaaaa).
And you know, you really have to wonder about his profile continuously coming up in my path. You just know that the Universe was NOT going to let me ignore it. "Come ON, LOOK AT IT, sheesh. What's wrong with you two? Why aren't you emailing each other. My GOD!" So now the Universe sighs a breath of relief having done a job well done.
It's such a cliche, but when you quit looking, there it is.
So yeah, good news, eh? I know I'm grinning like a cheshire cat. Now to get off my butt and create that great job.
Cheers,
T
2 comments:
Sweet!
We Goddess types don't NEED partners, but jeez, it is sure nice to have one who fits well!
Happy for ya, Troll!
Good on ya! =D
Post a Comment