So...I'm cranky today. I didn't wake up cranky. I didn't go to sleep cranky.
I woke up early and pretty much got my clothes on to fulfill my committment to my mother to clean out some of A's toys from her house. It really wasn't that big of a task and the bonus was that I got a bowl of Mom's oatmeal, a couple of pots of coffee, and a visit with a friend out of the deal. So that didn't make me cranky.
The crankiness only evolved around 3 pm when no-one called me to go out tonight. So I justified it by saying "Well, I don't want to go out anyway". I do, actually, but only if a magic Genie appears to do my hair, give me some nice clothes, and drive my ass there. So that didn't make me cranky, really.
Besides, I enjoyed 3 bottles of nice Merlot with my neighbour and got kinda snackered (oh yeah, and had violate the email and Merlot rule).
Getting home, I did some laundry, had a bath and a nap, and then cleaned some more. That didn't make me cranky, either.
So what did
I know. I'm alone today. I've been such a good girl wishing for stuff, being positive, happy, spreading love and joy and I feel like I have none today. So that made me cranky.
I'm frustrated that despite the results all around me, things just aren't going my way, DAMMIT!
Then I read E's blog. It was very much a "Woah" moment for me. Sure things are going swimminly for her, but really, it's the changes in her attitude and outlook that have brought those on. Those "rewards" as they are, didn't happen overnight. She at one point almost lost it all in a tough moment. So there's my inspiration...suddenly I'm not so cranky.
Mmmm...perpective....
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment