Thursday, November 15, 2007

Yesterday an Extraordinary Day - More LOA at work

A year ago I would have said that yesterday was just a fluke of nature. Of course, I now know it isn't a fluke (there are NO COINCIDENCES), and that I created yesterday but how I think and what I do.

It was an ordinary-for-me day, with the exception of being annoyed at someone. I kept saying "You aren't responsible for what X does, thinks or feels" over and over again. I was still annoyed. So I wrote X an email. Not a bad one, but just telling X how I was feeling. A few minutes after writing it, I not only didn't feel better for "getting that off my chest", I felt worse because now I felt guilty. So then I'm thinking to myself "Idiot! Gawd!". So I wrote another one. Okay, now I feel better. Okay not really because now I'm like "Haven't you learned ANYTHING from this LOA stuff! OMG! Idiot! Gawd!" *sigh* Oh well, you can't retract emails yet. I'm human and not Budda, eh?

So I shook it off and thought "Get back on track". So I did. I did a mini-meditate and re-focused.

Later I was coming back from lunch with a few of the women in my office. When we walked into the lobby, there was a handicapped person sitting with his mom or caregiver. "Hi!", he said emphatically to everyone as they walked by. "Um, hi", they all muttered one by one as they walked past him, picking up the pace of their steps to get to the elevator faster. "Hey buddy, how are ya?" I said as I approached him. "FINEJUSTFINEPRETTYLADY", he shouts, happy to have someone acknowledge him. I leaned down, held up my hand in a "High five", which he slapped immediately. I said to him "You have yourself a wonderful day, bud!" He said "I will". I looked back to wave and saw the look on his caregiver's face. She had tears in her eyes and she whispered "Thank you".

The thing is, I treat absolutely everyone like that, and have for years. Everyone deserves basic respect, and besides, it feels good to spread good. It just does.

Later on I was at McDonald's waiting for my food, and I was feeling amazing...very joyful. I know I was standing there with a silly grin on my face, just happy and at peace. I had not a thought in my head. I sort of snapped out of that moment, still feeling joyful and I looked around and absolutely everyone in that place was smiling back at me. That made me smile MORE. My food arrived and I skipped out of there. What a feeling!

After dinner my daughter decided to just "hang out" in her room, so I asked her if it was okay if I went and did my meditations. She replied it was okay. 20 minutes later I was in my zone, and my daughter comes into my room, bawling hysterically! I pulled out my earbuds and said "Oh my God, are you alright?" She's stammering, "Mom, don't be mad at me, it was an accident, don't be mad at me". I said "What happened?" She said "I was cleaning up my room, and had some stuff and there was a glass on my tv, and I knocked it over and the water spilled on my tv and the screen went blank and there's glass all over". I calmly asked her again if she was hurt. She said "No, but my tv blew up" and then she started to sob. I just held her for a minute, then thought I'd assess the damage.

I went in and there was water dripping from the back. The cable was disconnected from the tv and there was water dripping from the back. I calmly unplugged it and began to clean the mess. I explained to A that it's only a tv and that no-one got hurt. We would see about replacing it in the New Year IF it doesn't work after drying out. She says "You aren't mad?" I said "No, not at all, things happen". She was like, "Wow". I can see why, a few months ago I would have freaked out. A lot of good that would have done.

Then some more GOOD things happened after that.

Again it FEELS GOOD to FEEL GOOD. To BE good. To spread GOOD. It's ALL GOOD.

No comments: